I came to high school with certain expectations that I got from sources such as Disney Channel and Gossip Girl (and was thoroughly let down). I present to you:
Reasons why the high school experience has disappointed me.
7. Apparently, you actually have to do work in high school. Have you ever seen Serena Van Der Woodsen or Blair Waldorf or Hannah Montana study or do any homework whatsoever? I didn't think so.
6. I thought this was supposed to happen at least a few times. No?
5. High schools isn't like East High where you can break out in song in the middle of the hallway. The one time someone actually did, all prom-posals were banned for the year (and I almost got trampled).
4. What school dances are supposed to look like:
What they actually look like:
3. Being the shy nerdy girl doesn't get you anywhere even if Taylor Swift wants us to believe otherwise.
2. Where are all the Bill's (from Perks of Being A Wallflower)? The Professor Lupins? The Ms. Norbury's and the Mr. Schusters? Aren't high school teachers supposed to be inspiring mentors, guiding us through adolescence and helping us to discover who we want to be? All of mine look like they just want to go home any second.
and the final reason why high school was a disappointment?
1. This never happened.
So yeah... this was a really pointless post. But what I think I am trying to say is that high school sucked and I am so happy that I am only a few months from leaving this place forever. [rant over]